UPDATES: Call for Papers – Deadline Extended to 25 August 2021; Due to the Delta Covid variant we are also allowing for remote presentations. If you aren’t comfortable traveling to Austin, but would like to submit a talk, please do so.
ZeekWeek 2021 will be held 13-15 October at the AT&T Hotel and Conference Center located in Austin, Texas. This will be an in-person event, with the option of remote participation.
ZeekWeek is the annual gathering of defenders, developers, incident responders, threat hunters, and security architects who rely on Zeek, a powerful and popular open-source network security monitor.
Share Your Knowledge
Do you want to influence the direction of the Zeek project, and help shape the future of open-source network security?
Are you a threat hunter or incident responder who uses Zeek as part of a security stack? Do you have a story that highlights how Zeek helped resolve an issue? Have you developed Zeek scripts or plugins that might be useful to others?
Please join us in Austin, TX and share learnings, best practice, challenges, or tips and tricks. It doesn’t matter where you get your Zeek: open source or through a vendor.
In an effort to drive broader participation, our format has evolved to prioritize shorter, more focused talks—many of them scheduled for 20 minutes. In the talk sessions, we’d love to hear your perspective on these and other topics:
- Zeek as a tool for solving a wide variety of problems
- Interesting user stories, solutions, or research projects
- Post-mortem analysis of a security incident, emphasizing Zeek’s contribution
- Value that Zeek brings to your professional work or professional development
- Using Zeek for more than network security
Please note that we are seeking community talks only. Absolutely no product presentations, product marketing, or stealthy product placement!
How to submit a talk
This year we will use the HotCRP tool for talk submissions to the User/Threat Hunting/Incident Responder Track on Day 2 of the ZeekWeek 2021 event.
To submit a talk you’ll need to fill out the submission form with the following information:
- Title of your talk
- Extended abstract that includes all information you would like the reviewers to consider
- Short abstract that will be used on the website to describe your talk should it be accepted
- Author(s) name and email address(es)
- Bio(s) of those who will be giving the talk
- Whether you will be willing to travel to Austin, TX
- Optionally, you can provide additional contacts you would like to review your proposed talk
You can modify or update your submission until the submission deadline.
(Note that if we feel that your submission is better suited for the Developer Track on Day 3, we may suggest including it there.)
REMINDER: Do not submit product presentations. These will be rejected without being reviewed.
Important Dates (Submission Date Extended)
Abstracts for talk submissions must be submitted by 25 August 2021 by 6pm PDT. Notifications will go out by 3 September 2021. A slide template and further instructions will be sent to you at that time as well if you talk has been accepted.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Sponsorship Opportunities Available
Would you like to sponsor ZeekWeek 2021?
There are many opportunities now available. All sponsorships are on a first-come basis.
Below is a list of opportunities available and a link to the prospectus.
If you have any questions about sponsorship opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org.