Call For Papers
Call for Papers – CLOSED
ZeekWeek 2022 will be held from October 12th – 14th at the AT&T Hotel and Conference Center located in Austin, Texas. ZeekWeek will be an in-person event. Presentations will be recorded and published after the event.
ZeekWeek is the annual gathering of defenders, developers, incident responders, threat hunters, and security architects who rely on Zeek, the powerful and popular open-source network security monitoring platform.
Share Your Knowledge
Do you want to influence the direction of the Zeek project, and help shape the future of open-source network security? Are you a threat hunter or incident responder who uses Zeek as part of a security stack? Do you have a story that highlights how Zeek helped resolve an issue? Have you developed Zeek scripts or plugins that might be useful to others?
Join us in Austin, TX and share insights, best practice, challenges, or tips and tricks.
In an effort to drive broader participation, our format has evolved to prioritize shorter, more focused talks—many of them scheduled for 20 minutes. In the talk sessions, we’d love to hear your perspective on these and other topics:
- Zeek as a tool for solving a wide variety of problems
- Interesting user stories, solutions, or research projects
- Post-mortem analysis of a security incident, emphasizing Zeek’s contribution
- Value that Zeek brings to your professional work or professional development
- Using Zeek for more than network security
Please note that we are seeking community talks only. Absolutely no product presentations, product marketing, or stealthy product placements!
How to submit a talk
To submit a talk to the User/Threat Hunting/Incident Responder Track, please fill out the submission form with the following information:
- Title of your talk
- Extended abstract that includes all information you would like the reviewers to consider
- Short abstract that will be used on the website to describe your talk should it be accepted
- Author(s) name and email address(es)
- Bio(s) of those who will be giving the talk
- Confirmation that you are able to travel to Austin, TX.
You can modify or update your submission until the submission deadline.
(Note that if we feel that your submission is better suited for the Developer Track, we may suggest including it there.)
Reminder: Do not submit product presentations; these will be rejected without being reviewed.
Abstracts for talk submissions must be submitted by September 7, 2022. Notifications will be sent by September 15, 2022. A slide template and further instructions will be sent to you at that time as well if your talk has been accepted.
Please note that talks will be reviewed in several rounds before the final submission deadline. Earlier submissions have a higher chance of acceptance.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.