- Have you written a Zeek package, but haven’t added it to the Zeek Package Repository?
- Would you like one of the Zeek Package Contest Challenge Coins?
If you answered yes to the above questions, keep reading to find out more information.
When we announced the winners of the last package contest in 2020 (ZPC-3), we also announced that we would run the future Zeek Package Contests differently. We said:
“Going forward, anyone who open sources their Zeek Packages through the Zeek Package manager will be contacted and sent a Zeek Challenge Coin (sponsored by Corelight).”
- 2021 Coins will be issued for submissions between January and October 2021 (Deadline EXTENDED from 1 September 2021 to 1 October 2021)
If you would like to be eligible to receive one of the Zeek Package Contest coins you will need to add your package to the Zeek Package Repository on or before 6 pm Pacific Time, 1 October 2021.
Package Submission Process
Use the following process to submit packages. Please only submit your own work/packages.
- Create a Zeek package. Make sure to set the tags and description metadata fields to help people discover your package. Also make sure you put the license information for your package in a COPYING or LICENSE file.
- Host your package’s git repository at a public location. For example, host it on GitHub.
- Fork this zeek/packages repository on GitHub.
- Create a directory within your fork with a name that uniquely identifies you. For example, if you’re hosting packages on GitHub, name the directory the same as your GitHub username. If you’re hosting it somewhere else, you could use a domain name or organization name for the directory.
- Put a package index file within the directory you just made.
- Commit/push the changes you made to your fork.
- Submit a pull request.
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com