Virtual ZeekWeek 2020 will be held 13 – 15 October, from 9am – 1:20pm PDT.
ZeekWeek is the annual gathering of defenders, developers, incident responders, threat hunters, and security architects who rely on open-source Zeek as a critical element in their security stack. Don’t forget to register today!
Share Your Knowledge
Do you want to influence the direction of the Zeek project, and help shape the future of open-source network security?
Are you a threat hunter or incident responder who uses Zeek as part of a security stack? Do you have a story that highlights how Zeek helped resolve an issue?
It doesn’t matter where you get your Zeek: The Zeek Project, Security Onion, Rock NSM, Bricata, Corelight, or others – please join us online and share learnings, best practice, challenges, or tips and tricks.
In an effort to drive broader participation this year, our format has evolved to prioritize shorter, more focused talks – many of them scheduled for 20 minutes. In the talk sessions, we’d love to hear your perspective on these and other topics:
- Zeek as a tool for solving a wide variety of problems
- Interesting user stories, solutions, or research projects
- A postmortem analysis of a security incident, emphasizing Zeek’s contribution
- The value Zeek brings to your professional work or professional development
- Using Zeek for more than network security
Please note that we are seeking community talks only. Absolutely no product presentations, product marketing, or stealthy product placement!
How to submit a talk
To submit a talk you’ll need to fill out the submission form with the following information:
- Email Address
- Presentation Title
- What day do you think your talk belongs on Day 1 (User Track) or Day 2 (Developer Track)
- Short Presentation Summary (3-5 Sentences)
- Presentation Abstract (Longer version) – This will be used on the website to promote your talk)
You can modify or update your submission until the submission deadline.
During the submission process, you will need to choose the track that your submission is intended for (either User/How to/Threat Hunting/Incident Responder or Zeek Developer). If we feel that your submission is better suited to a different track, we reserve the right to move it.
REMINDER: Do not submit product presentations. These will be rejected without being reviewed.
Abstracts for talk submissions must be submitted by 31 August 2020 by 6pm PDT. Speakers will be notified by 4 September 2020. If your talk is accepted a slide template and instructions will be sent to you.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.