The open source Zeek project Leadership Team (LT) is made up of contributors from multiple organizations throughout the community. The LT acts as both a technical steering committee and governance body. You can find out more about the LT on the team page of the website.
Below are the notes from the LT meeting held on 31 May 2019.
- Keith Lehigh (Chair), Indiana University
- Johanna Amann, International Computer Science Institute/Corelight/Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Seth Hall, Corelight
- Vern Paxson, Corelight & University of California at Berkeley
- Michal Purzynski, Mozilla Foundation
- Aashish Sharma, Lawrence Berkeley Lab
- Adam Slagell, ESnet
- Robin Sommer, Corelight
- Amber Graner*, Corelight, Director of Community for the Open Source Zeek Community
*not a member
- Trademark Discussion (Amber)
- Keynotes (Keith)
- Zeek Package Contest (Amber)
- Analytics Discussion Scheduling (Keith)
- Trademark Discussion – The LT Discussed the current Name and Logo Usage Statement – https://www.zeek.org/documentation/marks.html Out of the discussion came the following action items to look into:
- Create a Reciprocal Logo Usage Agreement
- Update the Marks Usage Documentation
- Create a standard Cease and Desist letter
- Keynotes – LT Members will continue reaching out to potential keynote speakers for ZeekWeek 2019.
- Zeek Package Contest – Amber brought up the Zeek Package Contest that Corelight would like to host leading up to ZeekWeek 2019. Amber to take LT feedback to the Corelight team and present the details of the program at the next LT meeting.
- Analytics Discussion Scheduling – Keith to scheduling an additional LT meeting to discuss analytics tools for the website.
Helpful Links and information:
Getting Involved: If you would like to be part of the Open Source Zeek Community and contribute to the success of the project please sign up for our mailing lists, join our IRC Channel, come to our events, follow the blog and/or Twitter feed. If you’re writing scripts or plugins for Zeek we would love to hear from you! Can’t figure out what your next step should be, just reach out. Together we can find a place for you to actively contribute and be a part of this growing community.
About Zeek (formerly Bro): Zeek is a powerful network analysis framework that is much different from the typical IDS you may know. https://www.zeek.org/