Bro Monthly #5
Welcome to the 5th Bro Monthly newsletter. This month we cover the following topics:
- Bro Meet-ups: our category for Bro related gatherings and groups,
- Bro Commits: Bro v2.4 is here,
- Bro in the wild,
- Bro internal.
BroCon’15 Agenda online
The deadline to submit your presentation is coming very soon,May 29th. We already have some exciting topics but there is for sure room for more. Send us your Bro story.
Bro Commits: Bro v2.4 is here
We are happy to announce the beta of Bro v2.4 is available for download! Here is a brief summary of new features and improvements:
- Support for external plugins to extend core functionality.
- Announcing the release of Broker: Bro’s new communication library.
- Major improvements to BroControl’s reliability and error handling.
- New analyzers: including SSH, DTLS, RDP, and MySQL.
- File analysis supports reassembly of files not transferred/seen sequentially.
- And, BroCut was rewritten in C to improve its speed.
Binary packages are also available.
Feedback is encouraged and should be sent to the Bro mailing list. As previously stated, we do not recommend using a beta release for production use.
Bro in the wild
— Liam Randall (@Hectaman) May 13, 2015
— Jon Schipp (@JonSchipp) May 11, 2015
— Ian (@Secnewsbytes) May 5, 2015
— Josh Liburdi (@jshlbrd) May 4, 2015
— Jen Andre (@fun_cuddles) April 27, 2015
— Josh Liburdi (@jshlbrd) April 20, 2015
— Anthony (@anthonykasza) April 20, 2015
— Josh Liburdi (@jshlbrd) April 14, 2015
— OpenNSM (@OpenNSM) April 14, 2015
— Nettitude Group (@Nettitude_com) April 1, 2015
Saying goodbye to Bro's Jon Siwek, thanks for all your awesome work pic.twitter.com/ov58j37zJI
— The Bro Platform (@Bro_IDS) April 30, 2015