We are happy to announce the beta of Bro v2.4 is available for download! Here is a brief summary of new features and improvements:
- Support for external plugins to extend core functionality
- Announcing the release of Broker: Bro’s new communication library
- Major improvements to BroControl’s reliability and error handling
- New analyzers: including SSH, DTLS, RDP, and MySQL
- File analysis supports reassembly of files not transferred/seen sequentially
- And, BroCut was rewritten in C to improve its speed
Binary packages are also available.
See NEWS for preliminary release notes and CHANGES for the exhaustive commit list.
Feedback is encouraged and should be sent to the Bro mailing list. As previously stated, we do not recommend using a beta release for production use.