We are happy to announce the public beta of Bro v2.3 is available for download! The majority of our development time has been focused on improving performance, reliability, and memory use.
Here is a brief summary of the new features and improvements:
- Support for GRE tunnel decapsulation
- Heartbleed detector on the SSL analyzer
- Analyzers for SNMP and Radius
- BroControl now supports PF_RING+DNA
- File type detection via Bro’s own signature engine instead of external libraries
See NEWS for the preliminary release notes and CHANGES for the exhaustive commit list.
Feedback is encouraged and should be sent to the Bro mailing list. As we have stated in the past, we do not recommend using a beta release for production use.